|"My biggest dream is to be a charity vet"|
Looking at this post makes me smile for more than one reason. I love her altruism, her dreams and her beautiful, golden heart. But it's her smile that makes me day dream for a second. A good friend once asked me if I see myself, looking at my children. I know now what he meant. For just a few minutes, her smile reminded me of my own. It is an old set of photos that my father took, possibly at the same age, and I am sure that if I was to put these sets together, it would be like looking at twins.
- My biggest dream is to be a vet and to help animals that are hurt. I would like to be a charity vet. When some people don’t want their pets anymore, I am going to be that vet who looks after the pets until someone wants them. I am going to do both: look after the pets as a vet and have an animal sanctuary.
I love being an artist too; I like that you can design your own art and name it yourself. You can even have your own art gallery. I like that you can use different things and different techniques – you can use anything you want: fabrics, glue, sticky tape, paints, pencils, pastels, oils. Every type of medium.
Out of modesty, she didn’t mention her artistic achievements so I asked her how she feels about winning the First Prize at Strathnairn’s “Squares” exhibition.
- This year I have worked on my portfolio a lot. Getting that 1st prize was a surprise; I didn’t expect to win. I got a diploma and I loved that my prize was an Eckersley’s voucher. I bought more arts supplies and tried things I haven’t done before. My favourite things were Fimo, a set of proper sketching pencils and proper drawing paper. Lately, I have been experimenting a lot with mixed media.
I have 2 other works in another exhibition at Belconnen Arts Centre. They are about nature.
I love nature and animals. My best friend and I are planning to get our own show. We want to teach people about wildlife and about Australia’s native species. We will start shooting through the grasslands soon; we will take photographs and we will make documentaries, too. We want to make DVDs with our show and sell them for $15. This should finance the vet hospital.
I like designing fashion, too. I am working on inventing a dress called snake skin. It will look like it has scales. It’s not going to be a costume; it will be a proper dress with a design like the snake skin. Hopefully the ladies will like it and will leave the snakes alone. I would like to make children dresses as well. Girls deserve to be stylish too.
My first favourite book was “The Wizard of Oz”. I got it when I was 4. I liked the story – it was really good and the (Robert Sabuda) pop-up design was amazing. Right now, I am into the Rainbow Fairies books, which I can read by myself.
What would she do if she had 15 minutes of fame?
- That is a very good question, coz I am not sure what to say. There are three things I would do, if I were famous:
(Counting on her fingers:)1. I would make sure all the thieves and bad people will go to jail for good and they cannot hurt anyone again.
2. I would help all the vets to be able to always look after all the animals in need.
3. I would make the jail strong enough so the bad guys will never ever escape. That should make the world better.
What would she like to tell the world?
- The thing I don’t like mostly about grown-ups is that they are bossy. I like it more when they listen to me and what I have to say. I am an amazing 6 year-old; I have done so many things that are amazing and I will do some more.